Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Cancer Can Kiss It

I have been thinking a lot of what I want to say about the wonderful benefit and I still feel like I am at a loss for words.  It was so overwhelming (in a great way) and there are so many beautiful faces that were behind it that I just don't know that my words in my blog could describe how Don and I feel.  I can not say enough how much our friends and family that put this together mean to us. We knew they cared deeply about us, but what they put together (again very little experience in this field) was amazing!  We will never forget this day!  And to those of you that attended (746 people was the final count I'm told) we thank you so much. We know the band and the atmosphere was awesome, but you came for us.  You came because some how somewhere you have heard our story and wanted to show support.  My God!!!!!  We love you all!  And the generous donations we received was out of this world!  So generous and so genuine.  We can't wait to pay it forward and we already have some things in the works.  

I did not get much time with any one particular person on Sunday, it was so busy, so I apologize if we didn't speak or if our conversation was cut short.  I told Dan and Joe (The master minds behind the benefit) that I felt like I was a Kardashian or something.  I even talked to people through the stalls in the bathroom!  It was a great problem to have so I am not complaining and I know you all understand if we didn't get much time together.  We are still on such a high from the event.

Please stay in touch with us as we continue our journey.  The benefit has given us the strength and the courage to keep reaching.  We are not at the end of any roads and we feel like we now can not see any end.  This is because on Sunday there was such a feeling of love and of God in the room.   I know I am not healed, but I do know that I have at least 746 people praying and pulling for me.  And I know more, because several have reached out to me that could not make it.  Several have sent cards of encouragement.  We feel it, and the Lord works in mysterious ways and I do not think he is done with me here!  

Chemo tomorrow before Don and I leave Thursday night to see Whitney graduate from the University of North Carolina Asheville.  We can not wait to hear her named call.  She is our angel on earth.  She gave up a semester at school and put her social life on hold to take care of us and our children when I was first diagnosed.  I know the saying, you will do anything for family, but this was a courageous thing for a young women to do when we all know how important college is but also how important our social lives are when you are in college.  I hope and pray that she gets the best job she could dream of.  She deserves only the best!  She is beyond amazing!  

I have included a video of my speech from Sunday since there was a lot of my family that could not attend because of the distance.  So I hope it will download and you can enjoy it.  If you can't, I will try to find a way to get it to you. 

We love you all!  Keep up the prayers and the support!

Please go to the following address to view the speech: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0y6rXTcKQdk&feature=youtu.be

Amber
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0y6rXTcKQdk&feature=youtu.be

No comments:

Post a Comment