Sunday, October 7, 2012

Making Strides

Just a shout out to all that came out this morning and walked with me and my family for the Making Strides against Breast Cancer 5K.  I am truly amazed at my support system!  I know you are all out there supporting and praying for me and my family, but to see all of your faces so early this cold morning just gave me the boost I need to keep going!  I will never be able to thank you guys enough.  I had everyone from college friends, family, high school friends, co-workers and Justin and Ryan's day care teachers there to show support!  

Yesterday was spent with my sisters.  Later in the afternoon my girlfriends aka the head shavers showed up.  We all sat around and laughed and had a great visit.  Oh and ate Pizza King pizza, brought from Hoopeston.  Around 8 last night, the girls decided to head to Walgreens to get some last minute things for the walk this morning.  I stayed back and was snoozing on the couch by the time they returned.  Yes, the steroids wore off and I was exhausted!

This morning came quickly.  I don't know why, but I woke up in the middle of the night freezing and decided at that point to reset my alarm so I could enjoy a longer warmer shower before the walk.  I think it was the anticipation of how cold it was supposed to be this morning for the walk.  I woke up at 5:30 and took a 1/2 hour shower.  When I came downstairs I realized that our thermostat downstairs is set for night time.  Poor Meg and Lisa froze all night long!  Sorry girls, my coldness I was feeling was probably sympathy pains.  Hotel Naughton will not disappoint for your next visit!  I promise!

The walk was wonderful!  The weather was perfect, it was chilly, but it was not freezing out.  I made it too!  I am weak these days, but I only cheated a tad bit!  I feel accomplished and again, just seeing my support system will keep me pushing through.  Thank you to all and I can't wait to do this again next year!  

Ryan stayed in this morning and was watched by Lucy and Brian.  We were afraid it would be too cold for him!

Justin and I with our tired eyes, but determined to walk this 5K together!


Justin writing my name and listing me as a survivor of 4 months for the wall
Placing my car on the wall of survivors--Anywhere from 10 days to 18 years was what we saw listed today!


Look at my group of supporters!  WOW!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment